Drama (Theater) and Dinner



                                         A ticket to watch a play, Dear Liar, my little young
                                         man's (he is all of 22 years old) first play. Had been
                                          planning for over a week and finally he went and had
                                          his weekend fun. hmmm, so far so good. the surprise
                                         element here is, watching movies on android phones,
                                         iPad, laptop connected to the telly, this young man
                                         has graduated to watching plays in a theater. I shall
                                         always cherish this moment. The day he came and asked
                                         me for the ticket money...  
                                         

                                     
                                          The surprise did not stop with a desire to watch the
                                          play. After watching the play, the next evening,
                                          there were more goodies to come in the shape of
                                          barbecue. This dinner platter comprising of spicy
                                          Indian style barbecue chicken, mashed potatoes and
                                          tabouleh served on a platter as dinner for me was
                                           just out of this world.
Talking about children is common for all parents and mothers specially. But my boy never ceases to amaze me. I remember a train travel. We were travelling from Chennai to Delhi on the grand Trunk express and my little fellow was around eight years old, he kept me busy laughing for over 30 hours of that journey.
In recent times he managed to shock me. no seriously, I mean it. I was shocked when he showed me my name tattooed on his shoulders. I was speechless and stared at those inscriptions...after few minutes, looking at my shock, gaze and confusion, he said, "ma it is not permanent. just henna..." Imagine the look on my face when I saw his naughty smile...I am sure he is admired by his friends for his wacky and weird sense of pulling people's leg.
He had and still has a great sense of humor. I am not sure if his presence lights up the party he and his friends have, but I am sure he must be throwing surprises at them just like he does with me all the time...

Ranga Rajah
Entertainment


Comments

Popular Posts