Lazy Sunday Lunch

Food is a passion, but I never knew passion need not always mean elaborateness. I was craving for comfort food, a meal that will satisfy my hunger for something different. These last few days, I have been cooking quite a few meals and realized that I had exhausted most of my 'comfort food recipes'.
While checking my pantry for ingredients to cook with, I found a shelf full of ingredients I could use to make the most satisfying meal ever! Honest.

I found:
Chickpea flour (besan)
Millet, rice, sorghum flour, (Bajra, rice and jowar)
and I knew I could plan my menu for the day with these...

This is what I planned for my lunch. Bhakri with rice, bajra and jowar flour.
and pithla with besan flour.

 

 I chopped some onions, coriander, garlic and green chillies.
 Mixed two tablespoon full of besan with salt and water.

Heated oil in a pan and added teaspoon mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped garlic and green chillies. Fried them for about 2 minutes.

 Added chopped onions to the above mentioned mixture and cooked till they turned translucent.

Added the besan mixture and cooked it for about 8 minutes (kept stirring it occasionally to avoid besan lumps)



Pithla needs just an extra moment before it is ready.


yup, ready and waiting for the bhakri.

For the bhakri, I mixed the three flours (equal portions of jowar, bajri and rice) for my bhakri.

I used hot water to knead this dough.

This is a palm flattened bhakri.

 It takes about 6 minutes to cook.

 My meal, pithla, rice, bhakri, mango pickle and some left over green-leafy vegetable curry.



Comments

Popular Posts