Why I Opt for Fashion Rather than Trends






It is a style statement. I mean fashion to me means making a statement, and a very personal one at that.
My wardrobe has clothes that make me feel like a queen. Different colours and hues of pastels in my closet contribute to my sense of style and being.
And what do I like wearing? Flowing robes. Literally. Even in this bitter Canadian cold, I like to wear clothes that flow.

Here is the thing. This is how I combine, mix and match my outfits, which in my opinion, fits my physical and mental age.

The few things I do to feel good and get a few compliments as and when possible are listed below.

If I am wearing palazzos, I wear a top that could be a polo-neck tee-shirt.
Similarly, if I am wearing tights, I tend to wear a very loose top on top of a polo-neck tee-shirt.
I have tackled two problems here--one is I am pear-shaped and do not like wearing short tops. I like tops that go down a little below my buttocks.

The second one is I have the lines on my neck and like covering them. Scarves are okay when I am wearing a v-neck or a loose shirt with a collar. But I prefer polos most times. It is kind of my signature style. I have been wearing polos/turtle-necks for over two decades now.

Yes, you guessed who my idol is--Diane Keaton. I idolise her style and have borrowed heavily from her style. Oh. no, nowhere close to where she is. Don't they say imitation is the best form of flattery?

I am average looking, therefore, I love highlighting my eyes and I prefer lining my eyes with cobalt blue or black kohl to rim my eyes. Mascara for my lashes and love adding volume to my scanty eyebrows.

That is all I need to head out of the doors to work, socialize or on a lazy day to work on my blogs sitting in the cozy confines of my home.

Polos and turtle-necks are usually from Ralph Lauren

Marcelle, NYC and any other brand that I take a fancy to, are my go-to brands for eye make-up.

Think of yourself as a queen and use all that is available in the market to enhance your personal style.
Queens do not become a slave to trends!

Ranga Rajah



Comments

Popular Posts