Mooli Paratha

Mooli (Radhish) mix for the paratha.
Paratha stuffed with the Mooli filling

Paratha served and ready to eat. With spicy mango pickle, cucumber raitha and a chilled mango milkshake. Don't forget to garnish the milkshake with saffron.

Now for the method.
I had been meaning to try this paratha for a very long time. But never dared to try anything different. Today conquered my fears and took the first step and started grating a white radish. Once I grated it, I was ready to make mooli paratha. To the grated mooli/radish, add a tsp of salt, two pinches of asafoetida, 1 tsp red chilli powder, half tsp cumin powder,half tsp garlic powder and mix it. after mixing all these together, squeeze the mix and drain all the water in a container.
Now take whole wheat flour and add tbs of oil, a pinch of salt and add the water from the mooli and knead the dough to medium consistency.
Heat a tava and roll out small cylindrical chapatis and put the mix on top of one and use the other chapati and cover and seal the sides and gently roll it, taking care not not break the sealed edges. Because the filling might ooze out.
For the raita, chop some tender cucumbers, also finely chop some green chilli and add it to the yoghurt. add a pinch of salt and pepper and garnish it with coriander.
I had grated a long radish and I made 5 parathas.
I served it with mango pickle, cucumber raita and for dessert, I had a slice of mango and a mango milkshake.
Extremely enjoyable and anytime meal.
Hope you will enjoy making it as much as I enjoyed trying it.
Ranga Rajah

Comments

Popular Posts