Studio

While watching Everybody Loves Raymond, I was actually analyzing the shots. When Ray was being zoomed in and Deborah was given a tight close up. If there were any 'speaking rooms' etc. All these many years I have been watching shows, soaps and movies, not once it has occurred to me to give any thought as to where the camera is placed, what shots were? etc, etc.
I can sense this moment, things have changed after my studio experience.
Watching television used to be just some fun activity till I set my foot inside a studio. never imagined what it entails to witness a shoot or work as a crew. Speaking specifically, behind the camera. tilting, adjusting the focus, angle, never dreamed I will ever give it a serious thought. But I wanted to master a skill, any skill, okay a technical skill and television cameras were the only thing I could think of. And, I got a chance to work in a studio. Recording two shows. One was a sports based show and the second one was a talk show on current topics.
Instructions like 'give speaking room' by the director was sweet music to my ears. loved every moment of it. 'bust him up' and I gave a full zoom out. then the tch, tch for a brief second and I am back in action. One is on an alert all the time. It is 'good' alert though.
Control room, studio with different sets, scripts, last minute touch-ups-----after today's studio experience, I have new found respect for shows, soaps, television and everything connected to shooting with a camera and specially the director.

Ranga Rajah

  Entertainment

Comments

Popular Posts