Chayageet songs, quick fix meals

Life for me has been always a song and a meal. I cannot understand this connection. For instance when we enter restaurants to dine in, we hear songs and for me, the mood is set right there, at that moment. More than the meal, I pay attention to the song and enjoy it and meal becomes secondary.
I grew up on a steady diet of Hindi songs played on Vividh Bharati and All India Radio. I belong to the Chayageet generation and later on the TV Chitrahaar. but the audio-visual combination could not take away my love for radio programs. that is still irreplaceable. Sitting on our verandah with a portable radio till the wee hours of morning, I used to sip coffee and munch on rusks, or some vegetable and chapati if I was hungry.

Today I am no longer a student nor in my teens. But I need to have my radio blaring music, belting out numbers I at times connect, at times, try to get into the groove of the new...But even to boil an egg I need music and once I have the music to go along, I am ready to cook for an army, literally.

Here is my all time favorite dish
courtesy you tube

Ranga Rajah

Comments

Popular Posts