zara hatke recipe from my kitchen

I wanted to try something different. Cook a dish that was never tried in my kitchen. I had some tilapia fillets and 5 to 6 whiting fish. planned to fry the tilapia and cook whiting. Needed a recipe. I was tired of making my usual tamarind and coconut milk gravy for the fish. Tried this recipe.
Soaked 5 tablespoons of poppy seeds and 1.5 tablespoons of mustard seeds overnight and made a paste of these two by adding a small piece of ginger. Fried some onions and green chillies and added a pinch of turmeric, teaspoonful of red chilli powder salt to taste and 2 chopped tomatos. after the tomatos were cooked added the poppy paste and allowed the whole mix to boil for about 5 minutes and added the pieces of whiting and after few more minutes of cooking added fresh, chopped coriander.

The tilapia pieces were marinated for about 30 minutes with chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and a dash of poppy seeds and some semolina to bind the masalas. I added two tablespoons of white wine as a souring agent and for the feel good and a teeny weeny bit of royal factor.
These fillets were shallow fried in vegetable oil.
I was in a mood for some white rice, but for health reasons, opted for brown rice.
On a bed of brown rice, I put few pieces of fried tilapia and served some spicy curry with pieces of whiting in a bowl and had a hearty meal watching my all time favorite movie Awaara Paagal Deewana. yum and wow.
Ranga

Comments

Popular Posts