sometimes life is also a great cup of coffee

And today was one of those days when I went in to get my pearly whites cleaned. lying there on the dentists chair was an amazing experience with my gums being poked and drilled and all the routine exercise of getting my teeth cleaned by my hygienist. We are all aware of the pains one has to go through to maintain our dental health. I truly dread that chair.
It all started the previous day when I cancelled the dreaded appointment with the dentist and pushed it to the next day. Just my luck, My editor wanted me to cover an event the same day as my dentist's appointment. I had a good three hour gap between these two. But the pressure of covering an important event and meeting the deadline and the high pressure of facing a dentist. It was too much. Lying there while getting my teeth cleaned, I was rehearsing my what, when, why and how etc. I imagined all that I was going to ask at the press conference. And then a sudden piercing prick on my gum or getting attacked on a tooth that was too sensitive. I had calculated over an hour between my session at the dentist and the event. But my hygienist too an extra thirty minutes since I had missed one quarterly session. I forgot the what, why, when and how and started worrying about my hair and what not. A few minutes later, I started worrying what if there was traffic and what if I got delayed... worries and more worries. Anyhow, the session ended and I fixed my hair and face and reached the venue just in time to make contacts and exchange business cards and even got a few quotes. Press conference got over, met another journo and made a lunch appointment for a bit of gup-shup and gossip. Planning to get some work talk done as well. Did not realise at that time, but the stress and high pressure I was under for over 6 hours did give me something in return. I was feeling fantastic after the PC and therefore decided to take a walk while looking for a place to sit and sip coffee. Found a cozy place called Timothy's at the super mall and bought a coffee and a banana loaf and started sipping my coffee and munching on my banana loaf. A good ten minutes later after getting my caffeine shot I was looking at nothing in particular when I heard a voice calling me to join her at her table. It was a simple gesture. yet it spoke volumes. She introduced herself and told me the reason she had beckoned me. let us name her as M, M is from a small town and had come with her daughter on a shopping spree. M was not too keen on going around the shops with her daughter, therefore she opted to sit in the coffee shop. When she saw I was alone too, she asked me to give her company. Nothing great, things like this happen maybe regularly. But the way M asked just touched a corner of my heart and I realised no matter what race or country we belong to we all find the need for company and a friend. even if it is going to end just at that coffee table. sometimes life can be just a great cup of coffee.
ranga

Comments

Popular Posts